Add some zing (and antioxidants) to your standard applesauce! This simple, minimal-effort recipe freshens up an old classic. This is a great option for freezing in serving sizes and thawing as needed. This recipe will yield approximately 12 oz of sauce.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook/Puree Time: 35 mins
Total Time: 40 mins
- 4 Fuji apples (or apples of your choice)
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 3 tablespoons water
- Wash apples and chop into 1/2-1 inch cubes (leave skins on for added fiber)
- Steam apples until tender (approximately 27-30 minutes)
- Allow apples to cool then transfer to food processor
- Add raspberries and water
- Process until desired consistency has been achieved
Note: All recipes on this site are ones that have worked for our family now or in the past. I recommend that you always follow the feeding, nutrition, and safety advice provided by your doctors in addition to your own judgment regarding what is safe and appropriate for your child(ren). Our children are unique individuals and may have different needs depending on their age, development, medical status, etc.